Subject: [Leica] Re: IMGS: Dogs; Flash
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Sun Jul 15 07:00:41 2007

Thanks Hoppy and Mike D. for your comments.

To expand a bit further on my choice of flash:

LightRoom makes it easy to create galleries in either html or flash, and
I did try both.  After some contemplation I decided I liked the flash
gallery for this set better.

Part of the decision was based on what turned out to be a large number
of photos.  That would be a lot of mouse clicks in html. I tried cutting
down the number of shots but I am trying to tell a story here and I
decided these shots best helped me show & tell it.

Plus, with this gallery you certainly have the option to pause and look
at individual images.....and the gallery's timing of the changes (which
btw I didn't yet figure out how to adjust) seems about right for the show.

I guess in the end it was an artistic decision sort of like what crop or
which lens to use or which paper to print on.

I didn't mean to insult or ignore those of you who very kindly took the
time to express (on and off list) to me very valid reasons to not use
flash.  I just thought it works better for this particular project.

Regards,

--Bob