Subject: [Leica] IMG: Noctilux Pictures
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Jul 12 19:48:29 2007

Bob, you certainly have the focus sorted. Danged if I could do any good that
wide open.
But, in this one
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rjrose/noctilux/L1003710.jpg.html>
 that Nocti thingie has got highlights in the bo-ke like party lights. But
they're such well delineated party lights and of course
the flare resistance seems awfully good.

I don't know, the noctis are owned by a fundamentalist sect within us Leica
glass fanatics.
I've read reviews where they actually perform best stopped down. That seems
logical, but of course that's not its raison d'?tre.
I've only handled one a couple of times. It's an awfully large package on
the front of your M. If you don't NEED the f1, then the
current 1.4 is hugely attractive, in my view. Financially that would be
interesting sums to look at, given the extreme
attractiveness of the Nocti to those fundamentalist sect guys. Of course,
it's not wholly about logic is it, and we each have
personal priorities regarding lens performance/handling/preferences? I know
plenty of posters show some very smooth toned results
from the Nocti.

Cheers
Hoppy
Brickbats accepted!