Subject: [Leica] In which Kyle buys a Hasselblad....
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Thu Jul 12 13:24:07 2007

http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2007/hasselblad-joe1.jpg
http://www.kylecassidy.com/lj/2007/hasselblad-joe2.jpg

as they say "hooah!"

I've had it three days now and haven't figured out exactly how to take a
photo with it yet (red dot white dot, white dot white dot, white dot what?)
it seems to have all the worst features of both a 4x5 and an Edsel. One of
the things that really confused me, apart from multiple shutters which must
be "tensioned" one way or the other depending on the day of the week, was
the incorporation of a dark slide, which I immediately misplaced and didn't
care, figuring "i'll never use this" -- then took the magazine off only to
discover many hours later after banging the two pieces together, that one
cannot put the magazine back on the camera without the DARK SLIDE.

it LOOKS good though. and hopefully, i'll get film to pass through it this
weekend.

THEN y'all are in trouble!

yours,

Hasselblad Joe