Subject: [Leica] Took Some Medium Format Advice
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Wed Jul 11 17:01:47 2007

Some while back, I asked for input on medium format choices. Got lots
of great help and advice and noodling. I thought about all that and
tried to consider what I wanted to do.

Decision process?
? I will only shoot occasional big film
? I?d rather have a medium along and grab it than pack a special bag
? I?d rather save money for digital M than spend big on medium
? It?s easier to buy up later than sell expensive later

Decision?
6X9 German folder

How to get one?
I don?t know enough to buy blind.
I don?t trust the ebay lottery.
Feedback on Jurgen Kreckel?s refurbs was good.

Asked Jugen?s advice on what to get in my experimental price range.

Decision:
Voigtl?nder Bessa I

Got:
Happy for now.
Nice, clean camera with a case to hang it around my neck.

One roll through it so far.

Here?s one shot from it:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/Grab-Bag/bessa1.jpg.html>
<http://tinyurl.com/2yurs2>

I must admit that I have trouble carrying a 120 and a 35mm at the
same time and thinking in two directions at once.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/

Replies: Reply from chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] Took Some Medium Format Advice)
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Took Some Medium Format Advice)