Subject: [Leica] Questions re: Leica Gear and Salt Water Fishing
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Tue Jul 10 19:37:48 2007

I'm off to fish for halibut and salmon off Langara Island in the Queen
Charlotte Islands next week. This entails accommodation on a converted navy
minesweeper anchored offshore and 12 hour plus days of fishing from a "17
foot Boston Whaler". I need to travel light restricting myself to one M6
camera, two lenses, a couple filters and film.

 Not having ever having seeing a Boston Whaler I suspect that I'll need to
find waterproof storage cases for my camera and lenses and maybe a
waterproof bag. I going to bring my 25mm Zeiss lens for on boat photos and
perhaps a 50mm lens (50 Elmarit collapsable) for scenery.

Suggestions on waterproof gear from those that have done this much
appreciated!

Greg J. Lorenzo
Calgary, Alberta

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Questions re: Leica Gear and Salt Water Fishing)