Subject: [Leica] comments from one of the judges
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Tue Jul 3 22:48:55 2007

One of the judges sent in these comments along with the numeric ratings.

On the whole, I think this was another good month. Some people tried to
interpret the theme literally--many people, actually. Among those, I think
that the non-people images were more successful.

And of course, there were those who just submitted a good picture, regardless
of theme, and there are some really good ones among those images too.

My favourite images were:

Ginger Cat: 4 stars, a lovely cat portrait. The image itself is of course a
bit of a cliche, but it is a nice cliche. The cat's expression, the colours,
the out-of-focus background: everything comes together as it should.

Seaside Lamps: just perfect composition and colours. 5 stars and my personal
winner for this month.

Cell: 4 stars, a compelling image. I cannot quite explain it, but I just kept
looking at it. I think it is because it successfully reproduces what a
locked-up person might experience.

Shaft of Light: 4 stars, again beautiful composition and colours.

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] comments from one of the judges)