Subject: [Leica] leicanon experiments
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sun Jul 1 09:17:37 2007

i rented a canon 20D for a week to try out this leicanon thing
you all are talking about.  i never even held a canon before;
the 20D with battery grip looks and handles a lot like an R4-7.

focusing was not easy on the 20D's smallish (compared with an R or SL)
viewfinder image, but it's probably my problem.  my eyes have never
been great--poor eyesight is what pushed me into the M system
in the first place.   it would be great to have some kind of magnifier to
make the focusing image "full size".  maybe it's not a problem with
full-frame cameras like the 5d.

the $75 Roxsen EOS-R adapter i used allows the camera's focus
confirmation to work--the middle dot in the image blinks red
and a red ball illuminates at the lower right of the viewfinder.

i pretty much stuck to the 80 lux.

here's what i got yesterday:

http://www.shinozuka.org/20070630leicanon/

-rei