Subject: [Leica] M3 CLA/oevrhaul
From: alex at zabrovsky.com (Alex)
Date: Sat Jun 30 12:59:32 2007

Hello fellow LUGers, need your opinions, mostly backed up by personal
experiences.
A friend of mine managed to figure two non-funcional M3 bodies (stack
shutters, problematic frame counters (do not reset), cocking operation,
RF misalignment, ...) and we're considering sending them for a good CLA
(or shoudl I consider complete overhaul in our case). I have been
checking several options in US, such as DAG, Youxin Ye, Steve Choi,
Sherry Krauter quering al of them by email their estimation and turn
around times.
Most roughly estimated within approx. 220-275 US$ (if no major repair is
necessary) including labor and parts, there were though somewhat cheaper
options also.
I have heard good things abour DAG, Sherry, however know very little
about Youxin and Steve.
I'd appreciate your opinions about the latter two, and Youxin in
particular. I'll be grateful for any experiences with them, are you
satisfied by the quality and promised turn-around times ? Was the
communication with them prompt ?

Thanks, Alex