Subject: [Leica] Re: Off-List: Using Bellows II
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Fri Jun 29 16:54:27 2007

At 03:08 PM 6/29/2007, Stan Yoder wrote:
 >Marc, thanks for the reply. While I'm still interested in the
 >combination, I did order another
 >OTRPO/16471 tube from an LHSAer, which will also enable closer work.

Stan

As I e-mailed you off-List, time has been of the
essence of late (I have done three U-Haul runs in
the past six days from Roanoke, Virginia, to
Richmond, Virginia, and the last one was made
yesterday, when we closed on the sale of our
house there.  We unloaded it here today:  it is
amazing just how a decent dolly can aid you.  My
wife recently bought a heavy-duty one with
pneumatic tires and damned if she and I weren't
able to off-load even a 36-hp VW engine, the
engine from the first car I ever owned back in
the longago.  My wife toted it on Hello, Dolly!
while I steadied it to help her out, with her
complaining about her arthritis and bad back the
whole time and how unreasonable some people can
be.  <he grins>  It was nothing like that at all,
of course:  she assured me that she could handle
it and for me to stand aside.  <he grins
again>  In any event, the house in Roanoke is
history and is a sad loss as I loved that house,
but for the first time in donkey's years we now
have ALL of our possessions in a single place,
albeit the two-car garage has both bays loaded
until we sort things out, and much of my camera
gear and references are buried therein and will
emerge over the next several years in a sort of
archaeological dig into our possessions.

In any event, I have lacked time to dig through
my references or to consult that magnificent
Erwin Puts' CD-ROM regarding Stan's basic
question.  But I did have a few minutes to pull
out a Viso III, a Bellows II, and my 4/135
Elmar.  I unscrewed the lens-head.  This is a
LONG lens-head.  You need an OTSRO adapter to
accommodate this to the basic Bellows II adapter
plate.  Yes, this does accommodate infinity focus
and also allows close-ups to a foot or so.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Re: Off-List: Using Bellows II)