Subject: [Leica] M8 back from NJ clinic
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Tue Jun 26 13:12:03 2007

Robert,

Shutter Error and Shutter Fault were the menu items that began as
occasional events and gradually became the norm; to the point where I
could only make one exposure - then have to go through a series of on/
off switches to get another exposure - that's when I gave up and sent
it in.
According to Sarah at Leica NJ they "repaired" the camera at the NJ
facility. It has the same serial number as original purchase.
The "Invoice" states, "Repair shutter mechanism. Check and Adjust for
good working order."
It went to them with 1.102 and returned with same.
All my settings were identical as when sent.
Image Numbering continues where I left off.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com