Subject: [Leica] New Project: Urban Landscapes
From: kcassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Mon Jun 25 08:08:30 2007

For a long time I've been interested in the thought that events leave
something behind on a place -- Gettysburg, Agincourt, etc. Many people
report feeling something inexpressable when in the places where events
happened. It spawns tourism, and is the stuff which causes monuments to
be made.

This got me to thinking about the places in my home town where people
had been murdered. Philadelphia has suffered a rising murder rate in the
past years, passing the 400 mark in 2004 and not slowing down. But very
often these murders get nothing more than a line in an "end of year
roundup". And after two years have gone by, I wonder if any of the
people living on a block remember a killling that happened on the
corner.

Anyway -- my new photo project -- for your perusal.

http://www.kylecassidy.com/temp/memory/index.html

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] New Project: Urban Landscapes)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] New Project: Urban Landscapes)
Reply from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] New Project: Urban Landscapes)