Subject: [Leica] Barnack Digital
From: crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall)
Date: Sat Jun 23 05:46:27 2007

Mark

I was out yesterday with my M4-P with a slide film (not yet finished)
and a D80 - a bit bigger than the D40X - with a Sigma 30mm f1.4
standard lens. The kit is somewhat bulkier than a Leica M but it is a
useful companion to the M's. I only shot 16 photographs with it and
about 20 with the M. It was a dull wet day but here are a couple of
results that print pleasantly to A4. Not show stoppers but I am sure I
will be making more use of this combination.

http://tinyurl.com/35pgz7

http://tinyurl.com/2q5t57

As always even at full size the web versions give an inadequate sense
of the appeal of the A4 prints. Later in the evening we baby sat with
our young grandson and I was able to get a pleasant family portrait in
low available light at f1.4. A useful feature of the standard Sigma
lens (compared to all those zooms with maximum aperture of f2.8). It
is unlikely to match the modern f1.4 ASPH Leica lens but useful in a
companion digital system.

Chris B