Subject: [Leica] multi-PAW, moody toyland
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Jun 22 12:00:03 2007

On 6/22/07 2:18 PM, "Eric Korenman" <faneuil@gmail.com> typed:

> Here are several images I just made.
> Stormy late afternoon light, and late twilight-light never ceases to amaze
> me.
> Maybe I been looking at too many Crewdsons..
>
> let 'er rip (look at images 6-10)
>
> image 6:
> http://tinyurl.com/yq24va
>
> Eric

After all that kvetching about the Noctilux you're certainly cranking out
some very impressive images with it Eric Korenman!

If that's what you're using here. Almost looks like less DOF than f1!

Looks like that guy who shoots with the Speed Graphic and the front bed
tilted down I'm seeing in the magazines now.

Yep! That's its it.
Just ask Marky Houdini.

Because a Noctilux does not make things look like scale models of themselves
like this technique does. And your focal plane is on an angle skimming
along...

Great stuff!

However the stuff yesterday of the little girl was classic f 1 and be there
Noctilux mastery. As good as it gets. And makes me realize how important it
is for me to pick that up that inimical tool from Portland next week. Not
something you want in a rental cubicle collecting mold.

I underestimated you greatly! "A real shooter" was terminology I used to use
maybe still do.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com