Subject: [Leica] Sometimes color is better
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu Jun 21 06:19:49 2007

On 6/21/07, Didier Ludwig <leica@screengang.com> wrote:

> As Ted once said, real photographers shoot b&w. I'm not a real one but at
> least I can try to be a wannabe. So I shot b&w with film mostly, and with
> digital, I shoot RAW and then convert to b&w. But this time I kept the
> colors. See why:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Didier/green.jpg.html
> It's NOT a photoshop effect!
> Didier

I always get edgy when someone talks about rules of photography,  like never
cropping or shooting only transparency film so you can prove you are a real
photographer.

For many years,  the only reason people shot plack and white was there was
no economical method of reproducing color for publicartion.

That BW is more artistic just doesn't wash.  If you like it, fine,  that is
a personal thing.  Rarely though do I see a shot that  has any more merit
because it is monochrome.  About the only time I change a shot, is when the
process cannot resolve colors  to my satisfaction.

When I was a teenage shooter, I only rarely could afford Kodachrome, and
when I got a roll, I treasured it.

They dye the water green on St. Pat's day in Chicago.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com