Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another from the Cigar Box, Gatlinburg 1954
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Wed Jun 20 15:31:30 2007

Jim,

I think I shot a similar angle back in the early 90's when Ripley's
burned down.  I was sent up there by my newspaper "The Gwinnett Daily
News" to cover the fire.  The big boys had helicopters.  I looked and
saw a ski lift directly across the road, I rode up and on the way down
shot a quick roll of film, ran into a 1 hour lab had film only
processed and moved a great shot from the fire via a Lefax 35
transmitter to my newspaper and to UPI.  From what I saw in the AJC, AP
and the Tennessean the chair lift angle was FAR better than the
helicopters were. :) and  A LOT cheaper.  I think it was 5 bucks or
less. LOL

Anyway those negs are long gone in the trash dump from when the AJC
(Atlanta Journal Constipation...I mean Constitution) bought the Daily
News and closed it.

I have been to Gatlinburg maybe twice since, I try to avoid it, it is
far too commercial for my tastes.  I like Asheville, NC, Morganton, NC,
Valdeese, NC and areas better.