Subject: [Leica] OT: Ramblings - delete if not interested
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Jun 19 17:04:57 2007

I had two spats on the LUG, both times it hurts because the other
party was someone I respected. It feels like a slap in the face to
have someone you respect and thought you like to do things like that
to you. I guess I will have to lower my standards.

Sorry for the cross fire and drama. I didn't mean to cause them. I
thought about randomly changing my return address to funny and famous
Chinese names, like Wong Fei Hung (a cultural martial arts hero), Lee
Xiao Lung (Bruce Lee), Deng Xiao Peng, Mao Tse Dong, Wong Hung Lo,
Ming the Emperor etc. To think that I am hiding behind an alias is
absurd. You can even find videos of me on Youtube.

As for the return address. The fact is that my wife and I and the two
kids would not be accepted in many streets in good ol' USA and
"accepted" is an euphemism for not getting shot at. We have gotten
threats from Neo-Nazis. The address I posted is the mailing address.
With Google Street View, you can see the cars on our driveway of our
home. Can't blame her for being a little paranoid.

My name is Richard Man, and that is neither "Richard" or "Man." My
last name dates back at least 3000 years. I gave myself the English
first name when I immigrated here. If you think Phuc Duc is bad, you
will never hear my romanized Chinese name.

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] OT: Ramblings - delete if not interested)