Subject: [Leica] eBay & Paypal
From: octabod at gmail.com (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas)
Date: Tue Jun 19 01:58:16 2007

On 19/06/2007, at 9:57, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> My experience is similar to Didier's. When buying or selling
> something outside of Europe, Paypal is by far the safest and most
> convenient option. When selling I will of course happily accept a
> bank transfer from anywhere in the world, but it is likely to be a
> major hazzle for the buyer, since most banks outside Europe will
> charge a hefty fee for this, and the transfer takes several days.
> Paypal charges its 3% or whatever, but the transfer takes minutes.

Agreed, afaik most paypal issues came from people who fall in any of
those categories:

- Those who didn't read the contract
- Those who didn't read the contract and actually think that
financial companies are there for philanthropy and not for profit
- Those who apply to previous categories, had any problem and insist
that their ideas are the TOS or creatively interpret the TOS for its
own sake.

Indeed what they charge could be discussed, and sure there are good
customers with real issues not derived of their lack of knowledge,
but IMHO just the same that any other similar company anywhere else.

Message from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] eBay & Paypal)
Message from nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] eBay & Paypal)