Subject: [Leica] Forbidden building
From: dnygr at cshore.com (dnygr)
Date: Sun Jun 17 09:45:06 2007

Yesterday while photographying in NYC, a man approached me and informed me
that "it was against the law to photograph the building," the Credit Suisse
bank. He had a red blazer on with somethings written on it. I don't know if
he was a security guard or not.

I was taken aback by the man's statement. It was not the first time that
near a bank someone had motioned for me not to take a photograph.

I hope the man felt better after warning me off. Keeping people with film in
their cameras from taking photos will certainly make him and building
safter. It is a well known fact that terrorists have not discoverd that
digital cameras are easy to disguise in the palm of hand. It is also well
known that terrorists are dumb, cowardly and unable to think of using a cell
phone to take a photo. They would also never think of entering an adjoing
building and taking a photo unobserved out the window or doing that from
inside a passing car.

Has anyone on the lug experienced anything similar?

Doug

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Forbidden building)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Forbidden building)
Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] Forbidden building)