Subject: [Leica] Bob Baron
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Fri Jun 15 07:31:26 2007

On June 14 2007 Old Uncle Ted Grant kindly wrote:

> Hi Sonny,
> Knowing Bob as a friend and fellow photographer you've got him at his best.
> A fine portrait indeed, maybe a tad handsome.  ;-)  Nevertheless a good
> one!
>
> "Hi Bob old buddy!  ;-)  How you doing?"

Thanks, Ted.

Sonny is really good, isn't he?

It's like being photographed by La Louisianne's  HCB....you never see
the camera move, and snap, he's got you!

I was standing next to him when he shot
http://www.sonc.com/american_landscape_ok.htm
and I saw the look of interest in his eye and watched him move around
but never did see him raise the camera to his eye to take the shot; I'm
not really sure he did.

And how are you doing way up there in the frozen north, my old mentor
and friend?

;-)  ;-)

I'm doing fine down here, smiling through the raindrops and waiting for
my next M8.  The first one worked for thirty days and the second one
worked for thirty minutes.  Do you suppose the third time is the charm?

I guess with age comes patience, if not wisdom.

:-)

Best regards to you and Irene,

--Bob

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Bob Baron)