Subject: [Leica] Re: OM as Leica of SLRs
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri Jun 8 16:34:56 2007

On Jun 8, 2007, at 6:18 PM, Doug Herr wrote:

> Lawrence Zeitlin <lrzeitlin@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>> The pictures are excellent whatever camera was used.
>
> agreed!  Keep posting!
>
>> Besides the Olympus OM cameras are the best SLRs ever made. They
>> are the
> Leicas
>> of SLRs.
>
> We might differ here... depends on what properties of the Leica
> rangefinders you find most important.  I've always thought the
> Leicaflex SL
> was the Leica of SLRs ;-)

I'm an unreconstructed fan of the later III series Leicas. Small
size, convenience, portability, good handling, decent lenses. The
Olympus OM SLRs fit that bill nicely. The Leicaflex SL was made of
discarded parts of Tiger tanks. ;-)

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw) ([Leica] Missing: My R Vario-Elmarit 28-90 Asph's 67mm R Lens Cap)