Subject: [Leica] Compact Camera... The joy of predicting
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri Jun 8 08:17:26 2007

If the review is anything to go by, the Sigma 14mp DSLR is in a test in
a German photo magazine I bought today.
They praise the colour rendition of the Foveon sensor as being "as close
to perfect as technically possible" but the noise levels are rated as
unexpectedly bad at ISO 400 and abyssmal at higher values . This has
(and to some extent the f4 and digital zoom too) somewhat dampened my
yearning for the DP1.
Douglas