Subject: [Leica] Dead Epsons....formerly Darkroom (Nova "trays")
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Jun 8 07:03:39 2007

>>There is a way to get past Epson's planned obsolescence ... some
software that can reset the counter. But you have to use it before you
try and turn the printer on too many times. Once the printer goes dead
(Epson lets you turn it on and off a few times with a warning first)
then it goes stone dead. They only thing you do is junk it after that.<<

Thanks, Daniel. I heard about this before, but I thought it was just a
rumor.

How nice of Epson to program in a warning!!!!!

There's no tone in e-mail, but I'm sure you can detect the sarcasm. :-)

Any idea as to how many prints before a printer dies? Where can you
get/download the reset software? And is the built into all consumer
Epsons? (I assume not the Pro Epsons).

DaveR

Replies: Reply from dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Dead Epsons....formerly Darkroom (Nova "trays"))