Subject: [Leica] 24 x 36mm ?
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (John Biava)
Date: Thu Jun 7 13:58:37 2007

Hint:  Light coming from the lens hits the filmgate at an angle.....

Lew <lew1716@optonline.net> wrote:  I'm just off to my darkroom to confirm
something that's been bothering me for a while. The standard 35mm full
frame format is supposed to be 24 x 36mm or 1:1.5. This should mean that I
can print full frame at 6x9", but
(this is the part that's bugging me...) the images from my Leica negatives
never quite fit an opening of this
size on my easel. The only thing I can think of to explain this is that the
Leica negs just aren't exactly
24x36mm.
OCD acknowledged, other comments ...?
-Lew