Subject: [Leica] Copy of ABLON template WAS LEICA IIIF - I NEED SOME HELP
From: crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall)
Date: Thu Jun 7 11:46:08 2007

I have not been following the details of this thread so I may have
missed something. I have had two IIIa's and now have a IIIf. For all
of them I have followed a suggestion published in the Amateur
Photographer on a special edition to celebrate Leica cameras. Here's a
quick summary. Don't trim the film! Get a thin plastic credit card
sized flyer (lots of guys distribute these as adverts). Attach the
lead end of the film to the take up spool as usual. Put the film
cassette and take up spool half way into the camera. Slide the plastic
card in between the film and the rear of the shutter. Push the
cassette and spool all the way in. Wind on the film gently until both
edges engage with the drive sprockets. Remove the plastic card. Attach
the base plate; wind on to 0 or 1. Away you go. It works fine for me.

Chris B