Subject: [Leica] Re: Viewfinderless P&S cameras
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jun 7 08:17:01 2007

Larry,
The Canon G7 has a pretty good viewfinder, as do the Sony W series at a
lower price point.  There are good choices out there if you just take a look
in a well stocked store.  It is important to feel the cameras and run
through the menus as camera design is not fixed in stone.  Designers are
still working through how best to interface with humans on these little
beasties.  Even though I am pretty much all M8, I can still with a straight
face tell you to pick up a small film P/S for limited casual use.  Cost will
be around $100 for a good model, film is still widely available for a couple
of bucks a roll and scanning said roll can be about $5-$9.  If you only
shoot five or six rolls a year with said camera you will be better off
monetarily with film.