Subject: [Leica] 12000 feet and no oxygen
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Jun 6 10:10:17 2007

On getting high....
I drove to Leadville, Colorado 10,152 feet (3094 meters) the highest city in
North America.
http://maps.google.com/maps?tab=nl&ned=

On the way driving over there on 24 and 91 it was an up and down topsey
turvey and very tipsy experience. Woozy even. I kept drinking lots of water
from somewhere in France.

Once there you are as high as a kite and you know where that expression
comes from.
I had just gotten my 35 Summicron ASPH and as feeling very enabled I got
some great shots of some of the shop windows.

There are park benches every 30 feet which I sat on. Every one. And I was in
shape then.

I thought a lot about HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER a Clint Eastwood flic which was
shot in the area and it came right back to me with everything I saw and
felt.

That was early October 1998 my first Leica Historical Society of America
Meeting. I remember I rented an SUV.

I never wanted to be a bottom dweller again.

Hello Mr. Lobster!  Howdy Se?ors Catfish!

Mark Rabiner
Harlem, NY

markrabiner.com

I checked before I hit the send button and HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER was not shot
there. It was shot in Mono Lake California.

I may have been thinking of
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)
"Mork & Mindy" (1978)
Cat Ballou (1965)
Cheerleader Massacre (2003)
Every Which Way But Loose (1978)

And I think it's gonna be a long long time...

Replies: Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] 12000 feet and no oxygen)