Subject: [Leica] Darkroom (Nova "trays")
From: topoxforddoc at btinternet.com (charlie chan)
Date: Wed Jun 6 10:07:57 2007

Daniel,

I've used a Nova slot processor for my B&W for the last 4-5 years. It
is a really good way of doing it and much more economical than old
fashioned tray developing. It is a bit more difficult to judge when
the print is just right; In a tray, it's very easy to judge that.
With a Nova, you just have to lift the print out from time to time
and see for your self. My chemical can keep ok for up to a month with
the lids on. I find it very easy for short periods in the darkroom. I
turn the processor on about 20 mins before the session (there is a
temp controlled heating unit) and then go in with about two mins set-
up time. Tidying up takes about 4-5 mins only. If you buy one, buy a
few 'nova clips' as you need these to hold the paper to stop it
slipping into the vertical tanks.

Charlie