Subject: [Leica] Golden Trout Wilderness
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Tue Jun 5 15:30:19 2007

Hi Tina,

How much is 12,000 feet in meters?

Anyway...., take care and enjoy!
Saludos cordiales
Luis

-----Mensaje original-----
De: lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org
Tina Manley
Enviado el: martes, 05 de junio de 2007 15:28
Para: lug@leica-users.org
Asunto: [Leica] Golden Trout Wilderness

LUG:

I need some travel advice, too.  I'm going to the Golden Trout Wilderness
for a photography workshop July 1-7.  We have to carry everything in on our
backs and the elevation is about 12,000 feet.  I'm planning to carry my M8
with three or four lenses, and my 5D as a backup with two Leica R lenses.
With sleeping bags, mats, water, towel, etc. I won't be able to carry much
more. I'm wondering about how many clothes I need to take.  How cold does it
get at 12,000 feet in July?  Would long underwear, layering and a light
jacket be enough?  The nearest road is at Lone Pine, CA.  Has anybody been
there?  I'm not sure what to expect.

TIA

Tina

Tina Manley