Subject: [Leica] Digital Photo Frames
From: fkh1950 at frontiernet.net (Fred Holzapfel)
Date: Mon Jun 4 20:21:09 2007

Adam,

I've used two brands - both "generic".  One from Best Buy the other from a
photo store.  Both about $75.00.  Both very easy to use, both had a
transformer to plug into the wall and allowed you to upload over 2 GB of
.jpeg photos.  They both have the ability to freeze frame, dissolve frame,
or snap from picture to picture.  They work well indoors with normal room
light.  Don't seem to have much effect in terms of glare.  The Best Buy came
with three interchangeable frames.   All were Christmas 2006 presents and
have been plugged in showing photos constantly since without noticeable
change.  Dollar for dollar they were excellent Christmas gifts.   We had two
families with 1st time, new babies late last fall.  I uploaded all the
E-mailed photos to them and made them into gifts.  Gave to the two sisters
that had their 1st babies 6 weeks apart and to their parents.   Certainly
not for archival storage or for contest photo display.  They are a modern
version of the old scrapbook full of photos held in with the little sticky
photo corners.   I'd purchase and give them again.  That's my 2 cents.   One
of the camera stores had them up and running so you could really see them.

Hope that helps.  Fred Holzapfel

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Digital Photo Frames)