Subject: [Leica] Image storage
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon Jun 4 14:19:43 2007

At 9:54 PM +0100 6/4/07, John Beeching wrote:
>Dear Phil,
>
>I just cut them into strips six frames long, slide them into transparent
>pages and put them into a ring binder.  So far no problems with hard disc
>crashes!  I don't understand your concern!
>
>John

Hi John,

I think you should lay the strips, maybe cut into 4's, out on a CD
(or stack them onto a DVD since it can hold more) and burn them onto
the disc. If you don't have access to a laser, use a small butane
torch like those for home plumbing jobs - I can find no difference in
the resulting quality, and they will stay burned for a _very_ long
time. Pretty much archival.

Henning

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff