Subject: [Leica] IMG: Western Scrub Jay
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Sat Jun 2 17:19:03 2007

Today's new bird picture, a common but elusive corvid of western North
America.  The Western Scrub Jay is noisy and combatitive when safely out of
range, and comes within range only long enough to grab the crumb that fell
from your sandwich:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/corvidae/wsja02.html

Alas, I had no sandwich so I got cloe the old-fasioned way: I waited and
wached and melted into the background.

Technical stuff:  R8/DMR, 560mm f/6.8 with UET-R, shoulder stock & monopod.
ISO 400, no noise reduction.  Aperture: f/6.8, shutter speed: yes

All comments welcome.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com