Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome vs Film
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (John Biava)
Date: Thu May 31 13:02:08 2007

I did not always do it, but I sometimes would photograph a tablet page with
my name, address, and phone no. for frame one.  That way there was a little
extra chance if it was misdirected I might get it back.

  OOPS! happens.  And OOPS is a four letter word....

Dale Reed <dale-reed@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
  Latest Update.

1) Questioned one local photography list receiving suggestions.

2) Have done some surfing on local film developers but no face to face
questioning. Especially want to scope out COSTCO, WAL-MART, RITE AID, and
others closer to downtown than I live.

3) Asked BH Video where their Kodak mailers were developed and they said to
ask Kodak. Kodak says on their website Dwayne's.

4) "Krystal" at Dwayne's says my older mailers are OK(meaning that Kodak
must still be paying Dwayne's) and to re-address them or put them in another
envelope for mailing. For sure they will be done faster if I send them
directly to Dwayne's.

5) Krystal cannot find my slides that I mailed to Kodak over three weeks
ago so I assume they are lost. I told her not to worry. I had only used
about half the roll and sent them in for developing partially to determine
what I determined.

Being a retired Systems Engineer(actually ElectroMagnetics but Boeing had a
difficult time finding a home for EM engineers) so they put us in Systems)
we are expected to be continuely testing out the systems we are designing or
living in.

Thanks for the help everyone. As expected you LUGers furnished lots of
information and inspiration to continue my picture taking with film. I am
no longer considering throwing my considerable collection of cameras, lens,
and other Good Leica Stuff into
http://www.city-data.com/picfilesc/picc355.php. Dale

http://library.osu.edu/sites/archives/polar/oralhist/interview.php?cat=interviews&page=reed.htm
---