Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nashville Marathon pt. 1
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Wed May 30 17:10:53 2007

I used to cover a lot of NASCAR stuff for different news outlets and
magazines.  Always felt the drivers were very difficult to deal
with...superstars.

Then a few years ago (well about 10 now) I was in Millington covering a
drag race.  This guy is sitting by his car getting geared up.  He sees
me making a photo of him next to his car.  He  jumps up to "get out of
my way".  I told him, no I wanted you in the photo.   He sat down and
went back to getting his fire retardant stuff on and I made his photo
next to his car. We then got to talking, really nice fellow.  He
explained a lot about the sport and about his car to me.  Later someone
told me he was the top guy in drag racing that year....go figure.

I always found the NHRA folks to be a lot nicer than NASCAR types.  Now
the small track dirt types are probably a lot nicer than NASCAR guys
also.  NASCAR is just too popular.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography