Subject: OT was RE: [Leica] Memorial Day 2007 now Martinis
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue May 29 20:11:38 2007

Hi Jeff, since we've recently had a longish thread on watches, I figure that
we can talk martinis for a short while without annoying
too many folks.
Just a small exaggeration re the "wave the vermouth cork thing". I just
calculated my mix here to be 4:1, being two full jiggers M
plus one half jigger vermouth. So I think we are in close agreement there.
I chill the glasses and keep the gin in the freezer.
Not truly fanatical re the gin brand, my wife is a fan of the Bombay
Sapphire.
I agree that the vodka versions are not classical, nevertheless very
palatable although quite different.
Just to put forward one possible heresy, I've even enjoyed what Jimmy
Buffett calls a Cajun martini. A chilli is dropped into to a
half bottle of gin to marinate for a period.
That could start me on Margarita recipes!

Cheers
Hoppy