Subject: [Leica] Improved M8?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue May 29 15:15:56 2007

Tina Manley offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Improved M8?

>>>Why in the world would you need to rebuild your kit for digital?  I'm
using all of my M lenses very happily on the M8 with no problems.  I
know I could have them keycoded so they will transmit file info to
digital file, but why?  I didn't need to know that for film and I
don't for digital.  As far as making them adaptable to the IR
filters, I'm not worried about that.  I have had 4 photos out of
several hundred thousand that were affected by the magenta
shift.  I'm not photographing still lifes or life style for a catalog
that needs exact reproduction of colors.  I'm looking for emotion and
interaction between people and that translates through all of the old
Leica M lenses right into the M8.<<<,,,,

Way to go Tina! Good on you girl!! :-)

Dang I got mine, put battery on charge, a "quick look" at the manual, lens
on, battery in and away I went and haven't looked back. Magenta? I suppose
here and there a touch. But what the hell, I'm a warm kind a guy ;-) so I
found this to my liking.

Too many people worry about too many things and have to think all this stuff
out instead of using the camera without thought! And enjoying it instead of
whining about it.

Yes of course some of the lads have had serious problems that I'd not want.
If it were me I'd return the camera and ask for my money back and to hell
with it and go all Canon. Until there was the perfect M digital as it is
with film.

ted