Subject: [Leica] Improved M8?
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Tue May 29 15:10:57 2007

Philippe,

Now your'e going to put me on the spot.  First off the D200 is on hell of a
camera and imo better than the Canon equivalent.

Of real problems, i had 2 bad batteries, and on one occasion it would not
write to my memory card.  I have also never been able to get consistant
flash exposures with the SB-600 flash.  Consistant auto focus is also a
problem when shooting birds in trees.  Going to manual focus fixes this
though.  Banding was a problem early on until a firmware fix was made,
although Nikon never really admitted there was a problem.  WB problems are
constant, far worse than any i have had with the m8.  Image quality does not
compare with the m8.  The user satisfaction i get with my m and r cameras is
not there with the d200.  Granted most of this is personnal preference, and
will change with the user, they are my problems with the camera.

Gene
-------------- Original message from Philippe Orlent
<philippe.orlent@pandora.be>: --------------