Subject: [Leica] Improved M8?
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Tue May 29 08:43:41 2007

Len,

Well my D200 has had a few gliches, the M8 none so far.  Just the luck of
the draw i guess.  The problem as i understand it from Steve Gandy's site,
is that the Nikon and Leica bodies are too close to allow an  adapter
without loosing infinity focus.  That and the Leica mount diameter is
larger.  I seem to remember seeing a Nikon body modified sometime back to
accept the Leica mount, but cannot remember where or if it was a viable mod.

Gene