Subject: [Leica] IMG: Little robbers
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon May 28 11:42:49 2007

At 12:49 AM +0200 5/28/07, Douglas Sharp wrote:
>If we're lucky, we may be able to enjoy a couple of cherries too -
>the tree is full of robbers of all shapes and sizes.
>These are two of the smaller ones - the others are Rooks,
>Blackbirds, Starlings, Pigeons - even a Blackcap, but I think it was
>picking at insects, not cherries. The noise is dreadful, they start
>screeching and chattering at about 5.30 AM, about 10 feet away from
>my bedroom window.
>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DMS/New-Old-Pictures/_MG_5790_edited-1.jpg.html
>Cheers
>Douglas
>
>Technical stuff: Canon 20D Rolleinar 3,5/200mm at f5.6 ISO 400 - centre crop

We hardly even see cherries. The squirrels eat the buds before they
even flower, and then finish most of the flowers off as they open.
Any green cherries that do show up are taken care of by the crows
and, again, the squirrels. In 20 years I think I've had a dozen
cherries from our tree.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design