Subject: [Leica] Kodachrome vs Film
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Mon May 28 09:03:07 2007

Dale  Reed <dale-reed@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>1)  The Kodachrome slide mailer I sent over three weeks ago has not been
>returned yet.   Do any of you know where the slide mailers(bought at
>http://www.bhphotovideo.com/) are developed these days?  Used to take only
>two weeks to get my film back.

It's developed by Dwayne's in Kansas - that's now the official US Kodachrome
lab... also the only US Kodachrome lab :-(

Three weeks is not unusual for 2007.  You might also try a local Rite-aid
pharmacy (or whatever you have in your area).  The turnaround is
considerably faster and the price is only a little more than a mailer from
B&H.  I've switched to E100G for my slide film because I don't want to
depend on a single K14 lab.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com