Subject: [Leica] Report of M8 Base Failure
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (John Biava)
Date: Fri May 25 12:36:48 2007

I cannot see the adapter assembly attached to the base plate.  But the part
on the trilpod would only bare on the baseplate, not the camera body.  With
the phot provided, and the monitor I am using,  I cannot tell if the
baseplate shows any sign of the screw deforming it.

Sonny Carter <sonc.hegr@gmail.com> wrote:  On 5/25/07, grduprey@mchsi.com
wrote:

> Frank,
>
> I have seen 4 tripod socket cracked through over the years due to improper
> use or overly long tripod screws. it does indeed happen.
>
> Gene

I'm wondering if that tripod adapter had anything to do with the fracture.

http://homepage.mac.com/billh96007/PhotoAlbum228.html

--
Regards,

Sonny