Subject: [Leica] Report of M8 Base Failure
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu May 24 06:01:48 2007

Gene,

Remember when we saw a series of pictures about disassembling an M8? At
the time I remarked that it was curious that Leica went back to the
split body. I noted that the strengths of the IIIc and the IIIf over
previous bodies was played up and Leica made an issue of having a solid
piece for their camera bodies.

It was pointed out that it was probably easier to assemble everything if
the body could be split.

It looks out that Leica got it right the first time (IIIc) and shouldn't
have rocked the boat.

Daniel