Subject: [Leica] 28 f/2.8 M-Rokkor Lens....comments please?
From: pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (pmcc)
Date: Tue May 22 23:31:00 2007

Ken,

I've got one, without the dreaded spots. It appears
that if there are only a few spots, the only thing
affected is the price.  Mine makes very nice images --
sharp enough without being clinical, and no bokeh or
flare issues that I've noticed.  Get one with the
original metal lens hood, which is a beast to find
separately.  This lens has a nice small form factor
that I like a lot -- the CV 28/1.9 (which I also have)
and the Summicron (which I don't) are ungainly
monsters by comparison. I should say that I have only
used it on my CLE so I don't know anything about how
it works on a Leica M (for example, whether there are
focus cam issues or what framelines it activates etc.)
 But it's a good picture taker in any event, and I
suspect it would work fine on any M mount camera.

Peter,
who will be in New Haven during Memorial Day
weekend, for his daughter's commencement.
Otherwise, at home in SF, CA.