Subject: [Leica] IMG : #119
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon May 21 03:20:14 2007

Curious.

I just ordered and received a DVD about James Ravilious' photography, a
mater of English rural life and landscape.

He used a Leica M3 and shot 80,000 frames over the period of 17 years
around Devon. He documented a slice of time that was peetering out.

Beautiful stuff, all black and white. One of the points was that English
artists have, throughout time, struggled with ... what do you do with
all of this green? England is green, all green. He found black and white
to work to his advantage in overcoming the monotony of green.

http://dlridings.se/blog/2007/05/19/james-ravilious-a-world-in-photographs/

http://tinyurl.com/37s7h4

Daniel