Subject: [Leica] Experiences with 35/3.5 Elmar and 35/3.5 Summaron - NowSummitar
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Mon May 7 06:05:59 2007

At 07:45 PM 5/6/2007, Jeffery Smith wrote:
 >I find the Elmar to be very sharp and contrasty when using B&W film. The
 >deep lens hood is good insurance against flare. Wish I could use it on my
 >Bessas without it bottoming out.

Jeffery

It is a bit of a myth that some lenses work
better with black and white than with color,
though low-contrast designs will struggle a bit
more with color than with b & w, so some
attention to detail is in order.  Some great
color shots have been made with the 2/5cm Summar and with the 1.5/5cm
Summarit.

The 2/5cm Summitar is an excellent and
under-valued lens which works quite well with
both color and b & w but you do need to use a
lens hood and that bloody tapered 36.6mm
accessory thread is a bitch.  Both Tiffen and
Ednalite made Series adapters, and I got a Tiffen
adapter when I bought my Summitar back in the
Longago.  I think I have a couple of Ednalite
adapters in the very room where I am typing this
but FINDING them would be the problem.

Step One:  Buy a Summitar.  Step Two:  Enjoy!

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith) ([Leica] Experiences with 35/3.5 Elmar and 35/3.5 Summaron - NowSummitar--Q. for Marc)