Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica M8 "Shutter Fault" (Jeffery Smith)
From: revjesse at bellsouth.net (revjesse@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat May 5 19:44:54 2007

I've belonged to this list for a couple of years but I've never posted
before. Jeffrey Smith's shutter problem was the last straw for me. Almost
every "beta tester" has had a major problem that should never have happened
under any circumstances with a $5,000 camera.

I think I've finally had enough. My M8 is in New Jersey now because knobs
are falling off. Color balance problems, magenta, no clue where the
corrective IR filters are, waiting for initial delivery for 5 months on the
most anticipated camera product ever--- what a water haul. It even sounds
funny. Thank Heaven I have a Canon 5D for real photography.

Here's the funny part. I've been using an Epson R-D1s for the last week and
its great. If I ever get that piece of M8 garbage back from New Jersey I may
use it for target practice.

Leica is great for film but they're never getting me back as a digital
customer.

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Re: Leica M8 "Shutter Fault" (Jeffery Smith))