Subject: [Leica] OT IR SLR options
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Sat May 5 07:08:19 2007

Mark,

while the D200 is a great camera, i find it less satisfying to use and the
images not up to the Leica quality i get with my R8, or SL.  Since the M8
has arrived it has sat largely unused, although i have picked it up
occasionally, and the wife used it the other day to shoot her flowers that
are finally blooming.

As for the m8 workshop, you may find the m8 portion a bit basic, but the
comment and tips from users and the instructor/pro do have some good info.
i found the c1le portion more useful, not being a well versed sw person.
also to be able to use the different lenses was worth it to me.  they do
bring 15 or so m8's to play with for those who do not have one or did not
bring theirs.  you alsohave the opertunity to print out some of your images
and get a good feelof the image properties the camera is capable of.

gene