Subject: [Leica] "Da plane boss"
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed May 2 14:50:26 2007

Walt,

I did my training for my Private License in a 65hp J-3 Cub, so I learned to
handle the tail draggers early on.  However, compared to the narrow gear
spacing on the Stearman, the Cub is a piece of cake.

We have skydivers on weekends at the local airport.  A few years ago, there
was a local manufacturer of the powered rectangular chutes, and he would
bring each new rig out to the airport in late afternoon to check it out.
Would occasionally see him over town, but haven't seen one lately.  They
seem to be limited to low-wind flying, and have no range, so seem sorta
useless to me.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA