Subject: [Leica] OT: Totally off-topic
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Apr 30 05:55:42 2007

Didier Ludwig wrote:
> 2602 SMS? Be glad these were not sent from or toward another country and
> provider -

:-) Yeah, Gerry was on that line of thinking too. All of these were
free. She has a subscription where she can call friends and send SMS all
she wants at no charge at all.

A few years back, 3 or 4, I knew a PhD student doing her research on
these new communication forms.

In Sweden we had a TV program on language and new forms etc. The PhD
student was totally fascinated by Rebecca's communication. They brought
a TV team in to the house to interview and film her. The cameraman's jaw
dropped when he saw that all the numbers and letters had been worn off
of the keys. They were totally blank.

She was like a card shark. She could write a little essay while talking
to you and you never even noticed she was doing anything else other than
hold her phone.

> It's not only love. Girls just like talking. I know why my daughter gets a
> prepaid phone chip only... when it's empty, it's empty...

She had one of those (pre-paid) but it was actually cheaper to have this
subscription since calls and sms's are free. The monthly service charge
is less than charging up a pre-paid card.

Daniel

Message from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] OT: Totally off-topic)