Subject: [Leica] %¤#! Adobe and UPS
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sat Apr 28 06:25:23 2007

Marc James Small wrote:

> I always send items by the Postal Service.  I might be an Anarchist
> radical who wants to abolish the government but, in general, the US
> Postal Service does a substantially better job than do the private
> services.

Probably because the government postal services have centuries of
experience, literally.

Didn't know about the insurance issue. Good to know.

> I have very limited experience with DHL and the other services, but I
> believe that their policies track those of UPS and FedEx.  (After all,
> "UPS" stands for "the Unsatsifactory Parcel Service", doesn't it?)

DHL is in the same class of UPS. The only difference is that they
occasionally display the "state employee sloppiness", that is, if they
have delivered a package to someone in your "zip code" area at one time
or another, they assume that all future packages to that zip code area
should be delivered to the same, tried and true address (no matter that
you were not the first one in your zip code area to get a package and
the present package was intended for you).

Daniel

Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) (Re: [Leica] %¤#! Adobe and UPS)
Message from marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small) (Re: [Leica] %¤#! Adobe and UPS)