Subject: [Leica] IMG: Noctilux at work
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Thu Apr 26 22:04:18 2007

Hi eric,
there was lots of discussion at the time of the Konica M mount camera
about the film plane to lens mount dimension and the compensation
required for film thickness and flatness. The Leica and Konica used
different distances and there were discussions over which was correct
and whether Leica lenses would correctly focus on a Konica body,
particularly the wide angles.
Erwin says the definition of the focus plane for the M8 sensor is
much better known and the M8 much more precisely made than any
previous Leica.
Most of my lenses focus perfectly on my M8. The Noctilux, 28mm f2.8
and 50mm f1.4 do not. I will have to get them mended.

Frank

Replies: Reply from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] IMG: Noctilux at work)
Reply from lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] IMG: Noctilux at work)
Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] IMG: Noctilux at work)